Date Posted: 2019/03/24
The Data Scientist will be responsible for collaborating with business stakeholders throughout the company to identify opportunities where data science techniques can deliver business value. Honestly, this is a hands-on technical role where the data scientist will be required to explore data, conduct analysis, develop solutions using advanced analytics techniques, and ultimately deploy them into production.
• Derive actionable insights from large, structured, semi-structured and unstructured data sets.
• Clearly document and communicate the outcomes of the data science initiatives and make
sure that the insights and findings can be clearly understood by business stakeholders and
translated into actions.
• Formulate, develop, and implement end-to-end data science solutions to solve business
problems using machine learning and operations research techniques.
• Coordinate with internal stakeholders to deploy data science models into production and
monitor their performance.
• Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze models performance and data accuracy.
• Work with external partners, service providers, and research institutions to deliver viable
• Keep abreast of industry trends and emerging methodologies to continuously improve skillset.
• Contribute to knowledge sharing and improve team productivity through training /
documentation of best practices.
MSc or PhD degree in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Operations Research,Applied Mathematics, Industrial / Systems Engineering, Applied Statistics, etc.
3+ years’ hands-on experience delivering data science solutions that work at scale for production usage; covering at least three of the following:
• Data mining techniques and advanced machine learning algorithms such as Random Forest, SVM, XGBoost, and deep learning, etc.
• Mathematical programming and optimization solvers, such as Cplex, Gurobi, Xpress, etc.
Deep learning frameworks (Tensorflow, Keras, etc.)
• Statistical languages and common data science toolkits / libraries, such as R, NumPy,
Pandas, MatLab, etc.
• Extracting, transforming and working with large sets of data. Query and scripting languages such as SQL, Hive, Pig, ETL tools
• Big data technologies (Spark and Hadoop ecosystem)
• Object oriented programming languages such as Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
• Relational databases and NoSQL databases, such as Cassandra, MongoDB, HBase, etc.
Job Location Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Company Industry Distributions and Logistics
Company Type Employer (Private Sector)
Job Role Information Technology
Employment Type Full Time Employee
Monthly Salary Range Unspecified
Number of Vacancies 1
Career Level Mid Career
Years of Experience Min: 3
Degree Master’s degree
This job is posted in the following Specialties: